- The key role of this senior actuarial officer position is to focus on reinsurance. Besides, following the assignment from the line manager, the candidate could be involved in other tasks including technical pricing, system setup, UAT
- The Senior actuarial officer will directly report to the Manager/Senior Manager – Pricing actuary and be a member of the Pricing department.
- Strategic: Responsible for promoting an environment where a risk management culture can flourish.
- Effective Risk Management/Governance:
- Assist in Monitoring and effectively implementing changes to product and actuarial standards, regulatory and statutory reporting, tax legislation, etc. across both the Vietnamese and applicable international jurisdictions.
- Assist the Manager/Senior Manager – Pricing actuary in her/his role of the provision of an effective internal control process on all actuarial and statutory areas including Product development, actuarial, underwriting, claims management, investment, management information system and planning – including setting authority levels within approved risk appetite.
- Assist the Manager/Senior Manager – Pricing actuary to ensure key risks have been identified, measured, monitored, managed, and reported.
- Assist the Manager/Senior Manager – Pricing actuary to ensure appropriate levels of risk skills and experience within the team to support consistent risk management practices.
- Discuss and negotiate with reinsurers about technical product features, reinsurance terms, and conditions, and reinsurance quotations for new products/revamped products;
- Review reinsurance’s terms and conditions for existing products being implemented on the new channels, new UW methods, and Product Terms and conditions adjustment.
- Cooperate with related departments to discuss and review reinsurance treaty/addendum/amendment;
- Support other departments on reinsurance related such as setting up TSA rules for underwriting, and facultative cases.
- Perform technical pricing for new/revamped products
- Involve in system setup and core transformation.
- Degree in Actuarial Science / Finance / Business / Economics/ Mathematics / Computer Science
- Pass at least 2 actuarial exams of the international Institute/Society of Actuaries
- 3-year+ experience in life/health insurance industry
- Solid knowledge of the actuarial, and regulatory regimes in Vietnam
- Good knowledge of international actuarial, reporting, for life insurers.
- Strong data and information-analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills: data manipulation, database query and management.
- Good at English.
- Strong communication skills.
- A proven financial leader with a demonstrable track record of achievements
- At least 5 years experience – preferably in the life insurance sector in Vietnam or elsewhere in Asia.
Strong business acumen with the ability to lead actuarial and commercial strategy